Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2013 Fundraising

Believe it or not, I really don't enjoy fundraising. I view it as a necessary evil. I do it and I do it well because we need the money to cure this disease, but I don't like it. My friends and family are sick of me pushing one idea after another and holding event after event after event. Thank God I picked good friends because most of them bear with me :)

We are always open to straight donations and greatly greatly appreciate any amount you can afford. You can donate to our Great Strides Campaign by clicking HERE.

Just this past winter I was introduced to Usborn Books at a Holiday Bazaar that I attended. Their books are phenomenal. They are so unique, of excellent quality and most importantly my kids love them. Usborn Books is having a fundraiser for us, donating 25% of all sales in the month of Feb. to our Great Strides team. You can check them out by clicking HERE.

The other thing that Usborn Books is doing for us is a Cards for a Cure Fundraiser. They sell boxes of greeting cards - 30 cards for $30. There is a kids box and an all occasion box. Usborn donates $13 for every box sold. Unfortunately you can't purchase these online, but if you're interested in a box (which you should be because they're very cute and a total steal), just email me via the "Contact Me" link on the left side of this page and we can get you what you want.

Finally, I'm having another Tupperware Fundraiser. I started selling Tupperware about a year ago as another way to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Tupperware has an incredible Fundraising program whereby 40% of all sales made through a fundraiser are donated to your organization. I have a fundraiser set up that you can access by clicking HERE. Even if you already have a ton of Tupperware in your house, there are so many new cool things to check out so take a look!

Additionally, if anyone reading this, local or from afar, is interested in hosting a Tupperware party for me, I will donate 100% of my profits to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, either to my team or if you have another team that you are walking with I will donate them to yours. Hosting a Fundraiser earns you 40% of all sales, and hosting a regular party will earn you what I make which is 25% of all sales. If you think you can pass a catalog around the office and collect a few orders to help us out (or help yourself out if you're another team reading this), then drop me a line and we can get something together.

We're hoping to have a big "Girls Night Out' fundraising event in March, and then our walk is in May. I'm always open to new ideas and suggestions for fundraising success so send them my way if you have them!

Tomorrow is Drew's 3 year anniversary visit at the CF Clinic. We had his labs drawn last week and to my untrained eye, everything appears within normal range. We will have to wait to see what the docs say in the morning, but I'm hoping for a clean bill of health. Send some prayers our way if you have them and i'll be back with an update sometime after the appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment