Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Knowing

I put so much energy and effort into sharing my position on the value and importance of including patients as partners, and there really isn't a way for me to know the impact that it has. Every once in a while, usually when I'm feeling tired or defeated, I get a note that serves as a reminder to just keep swimming.

I received this note from a member of the leadership team at Roche after returning from the meeting that I attended in Switzerland as a member of their innovation advisory board.

"I think one big learning we all took away at the meeting is the sharing of patient stories and experiences made a huge impact to all of us. It is no longer acceptable nor ethical to treat patient view as optional at our clinical development stages. Thank you for sharing Drew's story which provides so much meaning to what we do day in and day out."

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment