It's that time of year again - Great Strides Fundraising time. I have no gauge for how many of our friends and family read this, or how many perfect strangers stop by to take a look at what I have to say. I do know that over the past 3 years, we have had over 47,000 people from many different countries checking in to see what we have going on. Imagine how much awareness we could create if everyone just shared this with one person!
Every year, I write these blog posts and create these videos to show people what it is like to have Cystic Fibrosis. Every year, I find some new people who care, who want to fight with us, walk along side with us, raise money for us. I need to find more. Cystic Fibrosis is so close to being cured. In 2012, the first drug to ever target the basic defect of a genetic disease was created and treats 4% of the CF population. That's close to 3,000 people who had CF and are now living normal healthy lives. And what about the other 96% of us? Our drug is on the horizon. Many doctors and researchers and scientists are working on our drug right now, and with enough financial support, that drug could be available to us within the next 5 years. We need your help to support the research that is going on right now. You can make a difference for us. You can be a part of saving Drew's life.
Please take a moment to watch the video that we put together. Please consider sharing it. Please consider walking with us and fundraising with us, whoever you are, wherever you are. We cannot do this alone and from the bottom of our hearts appreciate any help that you are able to provide.