Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tomorrows the big day!

Tomorrow is the big day that I'll be meeting with our local Congresswoman to ask for her support. I've been practicing what I'm going to say about Drew, what I'm going to ask for, and what I want her to know and remember. I'm definitely a little anxious, but I just have to keep in mind that I know more about CF than she does, and I'm just there to tell my story and ask for her to support the policy issues affecting CF - stuff I do all the time on this blog and via emails and FB posts. I'll let you know how it goes!

In other great news, my sister called today to let me know that she got a new job as Development Manager for the Greater Philadelphia Cystic Fibrosis Foundation! She wasn't even really looking, but had just become friendly with some folks from the Foundation through her volunteering and when the position opened up they offered it to her! There was some interviewing involved, but at the end of the day it all worked out just the way it was supposed to. She's been interested in event planning since college, but like most 2005 grads, was left to deal with the wonderful state of the economy and taking whatever jobs they could get. She starts in September and will be responsible for managing several of the Philadelphia area walks next year. Go Kate!

I got a little more info on the NACFC and desperately want to go, but just don't think its in the cards this year. Had we been able to plan for it, it might have worked it, but its coming up quickly (Nov.3-5) and its going to cost a lot. I might just have to weasle my way into getting the handouts and presentations from one of the docs or nurses in our clinic who will be attending. I'm not totally giving up hope yet. If I magically fall upon airline tickets and a hotel willing to put me up for 3 nights free of charge, I'm so there ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment