Monday, October 15, 2012

Establishing Healthy CF Care Habits


Coming out of the NACFC, I have to say that now more than ever, spreading awareness and sharing information is paramount as we near our cure. CF care habits are important for people to follow as they are striving to stay healthy. In a new brief video at http://bit.ly/R5AVzohear from CF patients, caregivers and experts who share tips on treatment schedules, good eating habits and the importance of exercise. Check it out and share it with your friends, family, caregivers, whoever! The impact that these videos have is bigger than you think. Just to give some background on previous videos I've shared, specifically, “Accepting and Living Your Life with CF,” here is some feedback received by folks over at CF Living :
·         “Ali Christenson's story really helped me because she talked about roommates and college and how she handled that, and that is the point I am at in my life right now. And I am actually going to the school that she went to so I know that if she was able to handle it and her roommates accepted her then most likely mine will too.”
  • “My 2 1/2 year old son has CF, it has taken over my life, and I am not coping well.  I don’t want to pass on that attitude to him.  I pray that he will embrace CF as well as these young people have, and that starts with my attitude. Thank you for sharing your stories.  I admire your strength and spirits. God Bless you all.”
·         “This video taught me that you don’t have to hide your cf from others, but to allow acceptance from others.”

This new video on establishing healthy CF care habits features:
·         Ronnie Sharpe, CF patient, author of RunSickBoyRun.com and co-founder of CysticLife.org;
·         Isabel Stenzel Byrnes, CF patient, social worker and co-author of The Power of Two: A Twin Triumph of Cystic Fibrosis;
·         Kat Quinn East, CF parent and founder of the Blooming Rose Foundation;
·         Jacob Greene and Casey Greene, CF patients;
·         Emily Schaller, CF patient and founder/president of The Rock CF Foundation;
·         LaCrecia Britton, CF Coordinator, RN and CPNP.

Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment