Thursday, May 19, 2011

I have a group of girls that I get together with once a month for something we call Gourmet Club. There is nothing gourmet about it. We use to get together at someone's house once a month and each bring a part of the main meal that the host was providing, but we've recently switched to eating out which is even nicer, in my opinion. I don't see most of these girls ever other than at our 3rd Thursday of the month night out, and many of them I hardly even talk to outside of that one night out yet we know more about each other and have more fun together than most seasoned friends. We laugh together and we cry together and sometimes we laugh until we cry. We share stories with each other and forget about life for a while, all while talking all about our lives and our loves. I look forward to it every month. It keeps me sane.

We found ourselves at the pediatrician again today. Drew was up all night Tuesday with a fever that he jus hasn't been able to shake. Finally went to the pediatrician this afternoon and he's got an ear infection. Thank God it's only an ear infection. It's hard for my mind to not go to the worst case scenario. Gourmet Club helps that :) An ear infection is not nothing, but it's something that I can treat with an oral antibiotic from my house that I can get from CVS on my way home from the doctor. I dot have to spend hours on the phone today with insurance explaining why he needs it and figuring out how I can get it the quickest possible way for a reasonable price. It was the easy answer and it made my day better knowing that it wasn't something worse.

The walk is finally here! Tomorrow our Cincinnati, San Francisco and Philadelphia teams have their Great Strides walks. To date, our teams have raised about $18,000. The top walker in the country raised almost $100,000. That's my goal. Like not my personal fundraising goal for next year, but that's my goal. I want to raise money all year long for Drew. I want to find big donors and raise big money. And I want help. I want my friends and family to help me reach this goal. Reaching this goal means newer medicines faster. It means the search for the cure will come to an end because a cure will have been found. I have to do this.

If you have already donated to my walk, I thank you, sincerely. If you haven't, I'd like to ask that you consider it. The reality of CF is not something that I want to talk about or dwell on or discuss, but it doesn't make it go away. What will make it go away is a cure, and the only way we're getting there is by helping to raise money. Here's one more look at our video. Wish us luck tomorrow at our walk. I hope that every location can announce that they reached or exceeded their goal, whatever it might be. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment