Friday, September 24, 2010

A Long Overdue Thank You!

I never wrote thank you notes. I never made phone calls. I never personally got to show my thanks to everyone who did so very much for us over the past six months.

I've never been one to promptly send a thank you note, but they usually come. Not this time, and I'm sorry. The first few weeks that the twins were with us is a blur to me. I've had people ask if I received their gift and I honestly don't know the answer. I have been with people who have said "Oh is that the outfit I got them?". Don't know. I didn't open most of the gifts that came in the mail or arrived otherwise on our doorstep. And if I did I honestly don't remember where they came from. I don't know who made me what for dinner and I frankly don't remember eating it either.

What I do remember is the outpouring of love & generosity that we were shown. I will never forget how that made me feel. We felt loved. We felt supported. We felt cared for. I want to express how much that meant to us. We always knew we had great friends, but we never knew how great. Food came for THREE MONTHS! Three whole months of not having to worry about cooking dinner. The weight that took off of our shoulders was unimaginable. We have closets full of clothes, still, for both babies. The gratitude simply cannot be expressed in words. The love and happiness that filled our hearts when we received your donations to the CFF brought us to tears. I cannot possibly begin to tell you how much this has all meant to us.

And now that life has settled down a bit (knock on wood!), I assure you that I will do a better job going forward of sending out thank you notes to share our appreciation. It has taken us a few months to get it together (and many of you reading this might think 'She's got it together?') but we're getting there. Things are getting better and hopefully will continue to do so. Know that all of your gifts and thoughts and prayers mean more to us than we can express in a blog post or thank you know. Know that we appreciate it all. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment