Monday, September 20, 2010

They've Been Shot

Today was the 6mo. checkup. Everyone looks good with weights in the 60th percentiles and heights in the 40-50th percentiles. Lily's head is still apparently small (30%) but I like it just the same.

Drew wasn't allowed to get his vaccines today because its to close to the time he had his surgery. He was however allowed to get his flu shot. Ella also got a flu shot while we were there, and poor Lily had to get the whole shebang. The twins need 2 flu shots this year so when we go back for round 2 we should be able to get Drew up to speed on all of his vaccines.

Tomorrow we have a CF appointment. We were planning to take the whole gang along since the appointment is at 7:30am, but Ella and Lily have a cold (which Drew thankfully hasn't caught yet), but we didn't think it would be appropriate to take two kids with colds to a doctor where there will be other kids in Drew's situation and if they were to catch a cold, well, we all know what happens.

I'm so tired. I think we're finally beginning to see what life with 3 kids is like. Someone always needs to be changed, be fed, be bathed, be played with, be medicated or be someplace. We definitely had it nice for the past 6mo. with family in town helping us out, though it is nice now that we're all getting to know each other and figure out the best way to run this show.

The babies are getting so big so fast, sitting up and starting to amuse one another, and both highly amused by an ever moving Ella. Ella is doing great too. This is our last week with the air cast before we're home free. Shes walking around great, still with a bit of a limp, but it doesn't hold her back. She loves preschool and I love it for her. Shes sweeter than sugar and just gets prettier everyday.

Two big events are approaching. Our anniversary is coming up in October. I got a sitter for 8pm so we can put everyone to bed before heading out. Not doing anything fancy, not a big anniversary, 4 years. Four years being married, 3 kids, 2 houses and a partridge in a pear tree. The other is the dirty thirty. That's right, I'll be celebrating the first anniversary of my 29th birthday in just a few short weeks. If we had no kids and pockets full of moolah I'd probably be heading to Vegas or to wine country with my best girlfriends. But alas that is not the case. I will probably drink a little to much (thats about a bottle of wine these days) and mope around for a bit. I'm not sad about turning 30 because of all of the wonderful things I've had and done and created in the past 30 years. I'm pretty okay with it, I guess as much as one is really ever okay with the big 3-0.

I've got 3 sleeping kids which never lasts for long, so I'm going to take advantage of that time and make myself a cup of coffee, kick up my feet, and think about how I should be cleaning up from lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment